Tobacco usage is in the midst of a large-scale transformation, and for the first time, we’re looking at a viable harm reduction alternative to traditional cigarette smoking.
Most Americans are well-educated on the adverse side effects associated with smoking traditional cigarettes, but the numbers may surprise you.
The Harsh Reality
- In the U.S., over 400,000 people die annually from smoking-related diseases (cancer, cardiovascular disorders, and pulmonary diseases).
- Cardiovascular diseases, including heart attacks and strokes, account for approximately 132,000 yearly deaths among smokers.
- Pulmonary diseases, including pneumonia, influenza, bronchitis, and chronic airway obstruction, account for approximately 103,000 yearly deaths among smokers.
- In 2006, there were an estimated 175,000 new cases of lung cancer, with a 5-year survival rate of just 15%.
- Less than 15% of smokers successfully quit using existing smoking cessation programs (prescription options included).
- Less than 7% of smokers are able to quit using over-the-counter methods alone.
Figures from CDC, and BioMed Central case study, by Brad Rodu & William T Godshall (2006)
Even though smokers recognize the dangers, the vast majority seek a long-term substitute. A common misconception exists that places nicotine in the negative limelight as far as health is concerned, but outside of its addictive properties, nicotine by itself is not considered dangerous.
The thought process behind smokeless tobacco is to fulfill the smokers need for nicotine, the predominant reason they smoke to begin with.
The evidence is mounting and heavily in favor of e-cigarettes as being the most effective nicotine delivery system on the market. They’ve quickly become the go-to solution for smokers looking for an alternative, and it’s easy to see why. They suppress nicotine cravings, they’re less expensive, they’re stylish, and studies have claimed they’re up to 98% safer than traditional cigarettes, depending on the brand.
Where can you buy them?
Leading online retailer, 7’s, dubbed “The Smoker’s Smart Choice,” offers a diverse lineup of unique products that cater to smokers of all levels. Whether you’re a newbie or a connoisseur of sorts, 7’s is your one-stop shop for electronic cigarettes. They’ve built a brand reputation off of quality, selection, and first-class customer service, which has facilitated their position as a clear leader in the marketplace.
Smoking continues to be one of the most preventable causes of death worldwide, and there’s more to the picture than the figures above. On Sept. 20, 2012, researchers at UCSF published a study claiming that secondhand smoke accounts for 42,000 annual deaths to nonsmokers. In spite of the alarming statistics, electronic cigarettes are the smokeless tobacco alternative we’ve been waiting for, and they’re here for the long-haul.
Take a moment and visit: www.my7s.com
Sign up for their rewards program and put some money back in your pocket. It’s never too late to start a healthier lifestyle.
Want a closer look at what goes on at 7’s? Watch the video below!