Just like with every other purchase we make in life, the things we use regularly need to be cared for and protected in order to keep them working at highest level or performance. Electronic cigarettes are no different. They come in many different shapes, sizes, brands, and countries of origin. They share one thing in common, though, and that is they require at least some amount of cleaning and maintenance in order to continue working properly.
Obviously, every brand has its own care specifications, but there are some universal measures one can take to make sure there e-cig remains clean, sanitary, and safe.
1. Be smart- do not share your e-cigarette with anyone who appears to be sick.
2. Clean your mouthpiece. Whether it be a detachable tip or cover, or a solid piece, if it comes in contact with your mouth you should keep it clean and sanitized.
3. Store your e-cigarette in a clean, dry environment. Moisture promotes bacteria growth, and can damage your unit as well.
4. Use a mouthpiece cover/tip if you are going to share your ecigarette with a friend or loved one.
5. Get a case! If you take your unit on the go, you are going to expose it to many situations in which it can become dirty. Getting a storage case will protect it from dirt and bacteria.
These simple steps can do much more than you realize to protect your health and convenience. Regardless of what brand of e-cig you have, you can find cleaning equipment and cases to keep it protected and functioning properly. Here are just a few sources for protecting your investment:
So keep these tips in mind, maintain your e-cigs cleanliness, and store them properly to ensure they remain functioning at the best of their ability.