In California a fire that caused over $5,000 in damage was extinguished. The blaze was believed to have had the potential to have caused over $400,000 in damage were it not for the quick action of the firefighters. The cause of the fire? An improperly disposed of cigarette butt. This has been one of the longest dry spells in recent history and as a result fires have been growing in numbers, so it is somewhat hard to understand why people are not taking the proper care when disposing of their cigarettes.
State officials across the country have urged smokers to carefully dispose of their cigarettes and yet on an almost weekly basis we hear about a new fire. It would seem as though people just are not grasping the gravity and potential danger of the current situation.
Click here to discover some great e cigarette starter kits!